Sigma

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Miracle Oil!

I was first introduced to Virgin Coconut Oil (VCO) a few months ago while trying to find a moisturizer for my dry skin.  I have tried out several other oils such as argan oil, jojoba oil, and almond oil.  While the other oils are found in liquid form, the VCO is solid at room temperature.  VOC melts at 76 degrees and goes from a white solid to a clear liquid.  I love that the oil does not have a oily feel to it.  It feels more like water or a serum to me and is quickly absorbed into the skin.

I have now been using the oil on a daily basis.  I use it to condition my hair, as a body lotion, a makeup remover, and as a facial moisturizer.  It has a light coconut smell that does not linger.
Coconut oil is useful in preventing dry skin and is a great preventative measure for aging skin.  Lauric acid, capric acid, and capryilc acid are the magic ingredients that have antimicrobial, antifungal, and antibacterial properties.

VOC can be found at most grocery stores in the health food section.  The uses of this oil are endless, from cooking to beauty.  It is amazing stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment