Sigma

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

MAC Complete Comfort Creme Review

Growing up I never had problems with my skin.  That is until my sophomore year of college.  My once clear, smooth skin started erupting in painful cystic bumps.   No matter what I did my face would not clear up.  Along with this unpleasant change, the texture of my skin also changed.  Add in daily use of Retin-A and most mornings I wake up with red, peeling skin.  Now a week away from turning 25 (yikes!) my skin has returned to its clearer state, but is now extremely dry.

At my last visit to my local MAC store searching for an under eye concealer, the MUA suggested I try MAC Complete Comfort Creme US $32.  The creme is a light peachy color and smells exactly like Fix Plus to me.  The creme is thick and my skin cannot seem to get enough of it.  I have a tendency to over apply just about everything.  I follow the "more is better" train of thought even though that rarely seems to be the case!  I have over applied this creme many times and end up with a mess of balled up lotion all over my face.  When used in moderation (I really need to learn this) the Complete Comfort Creme leaves my skin feeling silky smooth.  I have also noticed a decrease in the overall redness of my skin.  This is great because I am asked year round if I have a sunburn, nope just my unfortunate normal skin tone.  While the creme does leave my skin feeling hydrated and smooth, the effects tend to wear off after a few hours and my skin feels slightly dry again.
 MAC describes the creme:
A moisturizer formulated to instantly rehydrate the skin and provide immediate and ongoing relief from redness and irritation. Ultra-creamy, provides high-comfort wear while providing sensitive skin with the soothing benefits associated with its calming plant-and marine-based formula.
Price: $32
My Rating: A (Love the smell!)

No comments:

Post a Comment